eHarmony Examples: What is the ONE thing that people DON’T notice about you right away that you WISH they WOULD?
It’s tough to talk about ourselves. If you’re trying to do so in order to get a date, you’re probably even more on-edge. If you are too critical, you’ll seem like an undesirable person. However, if you’re too cocky, you’ll seem like George W. Bush being unable to think of a big mistake in his presidency.
Yet there’s an eHarmony profile question that basically requires you to engage in this delicate balancing act. As part of your profile, you’ll have to come up with an interesting answer to the question, “What is one thing that people don’t notice about you right away that you wish they would?”
Think Job Interview…But More Interesting
You need to think about your answer to this question in the same way you’d answer that old job interview standby, “What’s your greatest weakness?” In that question, you need to present your flaw in a positive light. The same is true with your profile answer. One of the best pieces of eHarmony profile advice is that a little thought really helps you get positive responses.
The Big Issues
While you can always opt out of this question or use our Match.com vs. eHarmony comparison to see if another service might be useful, it’s better to show that you can answer a tough question when necessary. You might even want to use some eHarmony promo codes to open a few accounts in order to see which answers work best for you.
One of the easiest ways into a woman’s heart is by making her laugh. Your answer to this question on your profile can be a great way to make this happen. Here are a couple of suggestions for what to put in your profile if you want to make her smile.
- Mention a ridiculous part of your body. It’s pretty common for women to list some feature on their bodies in answer to this question. By mentioning s in a similar fashion, you’ll probably make her laugh.
- Create some kind of character trait that is completely outrageous. You might say, for instance, that people don’t typically notice the fact that you are a wizard. Even if you aren’t actually a wizard (and no, you aren’t) it can spark a great conversation.
Being straightforward and honest is always a good tactic in the dating world. The same goes for answering this question. If you’re not naturally funny, don’t force it. Instead, try some of these ideas:
- Contrast your answer to your profile photographs. If your pictures are all of you striking masculine poses, soften things up by saying that people often don’t notice how gentle you can be.
- It can be very impressive to mention that you wish people would notice all of the quiet charity work that you do. Showing that you look for ways to help others is always an attractive feature.
The questions you have to answer on your profile will be mentioned in every single eHarmony review. They might seem a little strange at first, but you should take every one of profile questions as an opportunity to explain why you are the perfect romantic partner. Whether you’re joking or taking the question seriously, being able to consider yourself critically will always increase your chances at a date.
Here are some posts I’ve written about some specific eHarmony questions that are tough to answer. There’s some sample answers to give you ideas for your profile:
- How do you typically spend your leisure time?
- Other than appearance, what is the first thing that people notice about you?
- What are 5 things you “can’t live without?”
- What Are You Most Passionate About?
- The most important thing I’m looking for in another person is: