ODMM Featured in Men’s Health Magazine
Next time you’re by a newsstand, pick up a copy of the December 2010 Men’s Health Magazine. ODMM and yours truly – Russ Ruggles – is featured in The Algorithm Method, which is on page 120.
The article is a collection of wisdom on online dating, and much of the advice mirrors advice that I have given here on ODMM before. Some highlights: Note: Want Want to try Match free for 3 days? Check out my exclusive
Match coupon codes.
Note: Want Want to try Match free for 3 days? Check out my exclusive Match coupon codes.
- Make sure you have a great profile photo, and make sure your supporting photos contain something conversation-worthy. They add the advice of using OkCupid’s new MyBestFace application for seeing which of your photos score the best. This is worth a shot, but I’ve found the results to be inconsistent when running the same test multiple times.
- Be specific when writing in your profile.
- Don’t wink.
- Women may not respond for numerous reasons – it doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t interested.
- Message women who are recently active.
- Pick up something from her profile, and send a short message – with a question about that thing.
Some other advice they included that I haven’t talked about, but that you may want to consider:
- Update your profile regularly, and you’ll start showing up in more search results. Scott Valdez of Virtual Dating Assistants says this has increased winks fourfold for them.
- Don’t shy away from messaging older women – you’ll really increase your odds. This seems tough for me, if you just aren’t attracted to women older than you, but if you are, definitely go for it!
If you can’t pick up a copy, you can check out the whole article here.
If you're interested in being matched with others on 29 different personality traits, find the right one by trying my eHarmony discount promo codes.>
Want my free online dating tips delivered to your inbox? Sign up below: